Friday, January 27, 2023

Thing Number Twelve

The twelfth thing I love about us is how natural and unconcerned we can be with each other.

I've spent my half of this list so far trying to carefully avoid starting a sentence the arguably inaccurate way I did up above. Since we're switching off here, it's really just the sixth thing I love about us, right? And because this is a blog and because it's visible to anyone and everyone who wants to look, something in me wanted not to make a statement that appeared to claim your entries in the list as being mine.

But I'm not writing any of this for anyone else who might be reading it.

I'm writing it for you.

For us.

And when I think about that, I no longer give a crap about whether what I write might be picked apart by some grammar snob who probably shouldn't be sticking their nose in here anyway.

The truth of our perfection together is my shield against caring what anybody else might think.

I never have to worry around you, or you around me. We can just bask together in the wonder that is our love.

2 comments:

  1. Holy moley! You totally have been writing your posts in the list that way!

    I didn't even notice!

    But you know, you were kinda being wrong and goofy about that even if it doesn't matter what anybody else would think, on account of all the posts in this list ARE yours. And mine too.

    It's an us thing. I'm pretty sure nothing either one of us writes here will be something the other one doesn't think about us too ... right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're almost certainly right about that, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

I Am SO Lucky!

Not very many people get to be with somebody as wonderful as you, Elle. In fact, I can count them and there are only exactly five besides me...