Thursday, October 12, 2023

Thing Number Two Hundred and Sixty-Seven

The two hundred and sixty-seventh thing I love about us is that when I feel I can't begin to live up to you, you always tell me I don't have to.

I thought about writing a poem in response to your entry from yesterday. But I was so happy with yours, I knew I wouldn't be happy with mine. (Even though I'm sure you'd be very happy with it. I'd still feel like I'd taken a half measure.)

So I'm going to write you a poem tomorrow, and today be content with knowing you're entirely fine about that.

And of course, basking in the glow of your poetic gift.

1 comment:

  1. I'm better than fine with it!!!! Now I have something to look forward to all day tomorrow!!!!

    You're really the best, Elle. I know you know that's as true as anything in the world to me.

    ReplyDelete

I Am SO Lucky!

Not very many people get to be with somebody as wonderful as you, Elle. In fact, I can count them and there are only exactly five besides me...