Monday, May 22, 2023

I Don't Have A Good Title Today!

The one hundred twenty-sixth thing I love about us is the way we don't let things that don't matter matter. I think a lot of people expect things because they're supposed to expect them and then they get disappointed when the things don't happen the way they expected. But first off, we only expect things from each other because we actually know whether we really can expect those things of each other. And also, if the things we expect are small, and they don't happen, who cares? There are so many big things about us, how could small things matter?

Finally, it's like this -- whenever a big thing I expect about us doesn't happen the way I expect it to happen, it's pretty much always because whatever does happen is a surprise that's even better than I could imagine.

1 comment:

  1. Well, just to say something that's about something that matters: that's a perfectly good title, my dear.

    ReplyDelete

I Am SO Lucky!

Not very many people get to be with somebody as wonderful as you, Elle. In fact, I can count them and there are only exactly five besides me...